Is there a problem?
Are you unsure whether someone you care for has a drinking or drug problem? If you observe any combination of the symptoms listed here we recommend you call the Alcohol Drug Helpline on 0800 787 797.
- drinking too much (perhaps vomiting or experiencing a hangover)
- overdosing (losing consciousness)
- regular need for the alcohol or other drug
- having previous failed attempts to stop using
- significant changes in mood and/or behaviour
- a decline in health (mental and/or physical)
- neglecting responsibilities
- lowered productivity
- financial problems
- deteriorating relationships at work and with family and friends
- doing things they normally wouldn’t do (such as illegal activities like stealing)
While these same symptoms may be created by other causes, by speaking with someone at the Helpline, we can guide you through your options and help give you peace of mind. Call the Helpline (0800 787797) to access free, confidential information, help and support.
You can also get useful information about drugs and alcohol on a number of other websites.