Homecare Medical is a teletriage organisation and is a partnership between Pegasus Health and ProCare, two of New Zealand’s largest primary health networks.
From June 2015 Homecare Medical has been the Ministry of Health’s partner to develop and deliver a new, enhanced, integrated, national telehealth service for New Zealand.
The national telehealth services are:
- Healthline 0800 611 116 – registered nurses provide high quality health triage and advice
- Quitline 0800 778 778 – smoking cessation support
- Alcohol Drug Helpline 0800 787 797 or text 8681 – confidential advice, information or support about drinking or other drug use
- Depression Helpline 0800 111 757 – callers can talk through issues with trained counsellors and national depression initiatives
- Gambling Helpline 0800 654 655 or text 8006 – support for those worried about gambling or the gambling of others
- Poisons advice for the public 0800 POISON (0800 764 766) – advice and initial triage
- Immunisation advice 0800 IMMUNE (0800 466 863) – providing advice to the public
- Ambulance secondary triage – nurse triage for low acuity 111 calls to St John and Wellington Free Ambulance
Each are 24 / 7 – except 0800 IMMUNE (weekdays 9.00am-4.30pm)
We also provide telephone services to GPs so their patients’ calls are answered after-hours.
We have a large nursing and mental health and addictions workforce – all our people are committed to delivering quality care and important information to those who call. We have call centres in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin but are national in our reach.